Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc
Gary H. Lucas

Default Running hydraulic pumps backwards?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I fully understand it is the longest path.
I specifically quoted the part where you stated the oil goes around the
-outside- of the gear.
You specifically asked for an example where the oild does not go around
the outside of the gear.

I fully believed you were challenging someone to find an example where
they could not visually
determine the pump operation from the outside of the casting, because
you supplied the
'obvious' information that the oil will always go around the outside of
the gears.

My example shows where it is harder to look at the outside of a
casting, and know where the
oil passages are located, which is the point this thread was exploring.

Pete

Pete,
I read what I wrote again. I read it as asking if anyone knew of a pump
where the fluid doesn't take the longest path. It wasn't a challenge, it
was a question. I've been using this approach to tell the correct rotation
of pumps for a long time. I'd like to know if there are pumps where this is
not true, so it doesn't bite me in the ass some day.

Gary H. Lucas