Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA

Default Bumper-mounted trailer hitch bracket for Jeep Wrangler TJ

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Andrew VK3BFA writes:

Why not just do it, cover the situation where
"Someone Else" might be tempted to overload it. This is called
engineering. Plan for the worse.

I am an engineer.

I define engineering as the economical application of scientific
knowledge to a physical application.

Nah. Thats cost accounting. Design and manufacture something with the
minimal cost and effort that will just do the job with no margin for
error. When it fails, refer to "Definition of Engineering" and blame
the customer for their lack of knowledge.

One of the beginnings of maturity is recognising how little you know
as an individual.

Ya gotta love Usenet. Posters simulating critical thought with
platitudes, without knowing who they are talking to.

Sorry, wasnt aware I was talking to "an engineer". I apologise. Please
forgive me for my ignorant comments.

Andrew VK3BFA.