Posted to alt.home.repair
David Glass

Default Hottub Heater Troubleshooting

It's a gas heater. There's power to the controller. There's a spark at the
pilot ignition. It sounds like the pilot value is actuated (I can hear it
and feel it if I touch the value while turning on the heater switch). On
rare occasions the pilot will light and the burners will light. It seems
that either the pilot value is not always working or, perhaps the tube used
to transfer the pilot gas supply (which seems very small) is blocked. The
heater is about 18 years old. I was hoping to hear from someone that had
experience with this type of heater and may have run across this type of
problem.

wrote in message
oups.com...
How about this:

If it's got 240V at the heater element and it's not heating, it's kaput!