Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Fixit

Default Battery pack and charger.

"Trevor Smith" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I need a 12 volt rechargeable battery pack for something I'm building for
work. Something using AA cells would be a decent size/capacity
compromise.
The pack will be external to allow quick changing and will have a flying
lead connector. I'll need three to cover requirements and a charger which
can recharge in say four hours but have an automatic cutout if left on
for
longer.

Obviously I can source them from RS etc, but wondered if there was
perhaps
a model pack that would be better value?

Have you thought of a sealed lead acid battery?. Maplins do various
sizes and also the chargers.
Trevor Smith

quick charging might rule them out