Posted to uk.d-i-y
deano

Default Panasonic Vacuum Cleaner MC E861 - motor repair?

Thanks for the link, I found a few places on the web that offer parts
for my cleaner.
Trouble is that they must all refer to the same database because lots
of them have no images available for the parts on sale and that makes
things very hard to determine.

Also, after a bit of fiddling, I managed to get the device up and
running again, although it is still temperamental and needs switching
on and off a couple of time before it begins to start up and
accelerate. Not quite the technial solution, but strangely satisfying
is the fact that a good kick seems to do the trick most times... I love
it when you can do that!

I need to dismantle again and include the motor this time, to see what
state the brushes and other components are in and eyeball them for
correct spares.

cheers

d.