Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer

Default Running 2 x 3HP compressors ?

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:15:32 GMT, Jim wrote:

Hi guys, got a poser for the electrical guru's on the group.

I've currently got a 3hp compressor that is run off the garage electrics.
From what i can tell the garage is supplied by a radial circuit, via a 20amp
MCB along fairly hefty armoured cable. I've wired in a 16amp socket in the
garage and this is what the compressor runs off..

I'm now looking at getting another compressor

snip

Any views or suggestions most welcome

Hmm, how soon before, quite co-incidentally, we have someone who lives
close by complaining that he can see this odd sort of flickering and
dimming that happens at all sorts of odd times on his lights.....

:-)

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net