Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tournifreak

Default That most off of off topics:

John Cartmell wrote:
In article .com,
Tournifreak wrote:
This sounds to me like the typical paranoid, anti-American claptrap we
hear from the tabloids. The proponents of ID are not "dangerous
nutters".

Any group that manages to significantly reduce the educational options of a
nation is a group of dangerous nutters.

Where creationists (as opposed to ID's) have tried to have creationism
taught is schools, and not evolution then I agree this is foolish and
potentially dangerous. In the most recent case of the Dover School
Board, they wanted to introduce ID alongside traditional evolution. I
don't see how teaching the strengths and weaknesses of two differing
theories results in a "reduction of educational options". Kids need to
learn that there are controversies in life, that things are not always
cut-and-dried.

Scientific fact should be taught as fact, and theory should be taught
as theory.

Any group that manages to influence
the government of the richest nation to divert its support for saving lives is
a group of dangerous nutters.

Note sure what you're referring to here. Has the US government stopped
supporting research into flu vaccines? That would be ludicrous if true.

Any group that gets the same government to
believe that evolution doesn't exist just when we are faced with a possible

No! This is where you've got it wrong. ID doesn't deny all forms of
evolution, it simply states that evolution does not explain everything.
ID says that evolution by natural selection does not have all the
answers. There are too many holes in the observable evidence, there are
too many holes in the fossil record. There are too many things that (at
least appear) to make evolution impossible in some cases. ID does not
deny evolutuion, it builds on it.
The sooner some scientists start to look outside of their blinkered
view of things, the sooner we will all learn the truth.

Regards,
Jon.