Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default Mounting mailbox on a springy mount (like garage door spring)

On 26 Jan 2006 18:40:50 GMT, Bruce Barnett
wrote:

Ignoramus30730 writes:

That's very nice! Unfortunately, "heavy steel posts" are not allowed
here.

Yeah. I've heard that if a snow plow hits it, and the plow gets
damaged, you are responsible. KLANG!

"But Your Honor, how could the city snow plow have "accidentally"
hit my mailbox post under 3 feet of snow when there was a 10-foot
piece of 2" plastic pipe attached to the mailbox post as a 'witness
pole', and that said plastic pipe was painted International Orange
with reflective tape strips and reflective address stickers?..."

"I propose that the plow hitting the mailbox was no accident, and
the damage to the city plow was through the drivers' own deliberate
action - and I have affidavits here from 12 neighbors that the plow
driver has been witnessed numerous times detouring around all the
fireplugs and power poles just fine, but their mailboxes get clipped
off by the plow on a regular basis."

Case Dismissed. ;-)

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545