Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Little black rocks coming up into toilet.

wrote:
I've replaced the fill valve twice {Fluidmaster 400} because the toilet
won't shut off. I've found out why. I'm seeing small black
rocks{charcoal,rust?} floating around in the toilet. They get under the
rubber seal in the fill valve preventing it from shutting off. It
flushes fine a couple of times and then keeps running. Now my wife did
open up the safety valve on the water heater, which she shouldn't have.
Someone told her it would be a good idea to release pressure once in a
while. Is it possible there are rocks in the heater that are going
through the pipes to the toilet?Seems like this problem started after
she messed with the water heater.If not, what could these rocks be? I'm
at a loss to know where thay are coming from. Frustrated. Thanks for
any responses.

Hi,
From vent stack?