Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertM

Default Why don't contractors / vendors care about making a sale?

True, there are no obligations either way. You find a good customer, you
try to keep him. You find a good store, contractor, vendor, you keep
him. Not everyone is suited to doing business with everyone else in the
world. I'm in business myself (repairing musical instruments), and some
of my customers are a pain in the butt. However, I always return a phone
call, even if it's to tell the person I can't do the job they want done.
I figure if I advertise, then I owe them a phone call if they
responded to my ad. I expect the same from the people I buy from.

Bob