Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver

Default Want to Join my Adventure ?? in repairing a LCD monitor

JBH wrote:
For those who follows: Monitor 1 have intact fuses. It works perfectly
fine until after using the wrong adapter. Now it is keep on running
with a correct adapter and computer running. One interesting
observation that there seems coming back of functions. By that I mean,
Monitor 1 only has the back light on. After keeping it on a while,
there is some response to the monitor control key, eg menu key,
brightness adjustment key. Before, nothing happens when I press these
keys. After few hours running, when I increase the brightness, the back
light increase the brighness, though still no other images. See how
tomorrow goes.

For bigger monitor 2, when I turned it on, there is even no backlight,
this again make me feel whther the fuese are gone. Only the power
swtich LED light working. But not yet able to open the chassis
smoothly. Will try again tomorrow morning.

Cheers
JBH-HK

For monitor 1: It sounds like the power supply INSIDE THE MONITOR,
after the external adapter, may be damaged. Maybe the different
voltages necessary to run the monitor are slowly coming up one at a time.

Monitor 2: If you shine a light at the screen at different angles and
see a picture, then the backlights are out. Usually replacing the fuse
alone is not a cure, You probably need to change the electrolytic
capacitors on the inverter board first.

Good luck. You can't learn without trying. BUT BE CAREFUL. The CCFL
tubes and the LCD panel are very fragile and will break easily if
mishandled while they are removed from their mounting points.