Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adam Preble

Default Getting parts waaaay off from what you thought you ordered

I thought I had ordered an NTE2331 yesterday from Allied Electronics.
Come to check today, I have an NTE399. They're a little different. I
think the summary is their collector currents are a little off by ...
6.30A. The NTE399 is rated for only 70mA. I'd expect fireworks if I
could even install it--it's not even shaped right for the clamp.

Looking at my invoice, that's what I have on there. That's especially
odd, since I know I went for a 2331. However, I thought the price was a
little low. That's a strange one to type in correctly. Has anybody
used them before?

Worst off is I missed the USPS shipping before, so now I have to return
it using UPS ground for $8. Huzzah.