Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Brooks Moses

Default What is it? XCIX

R.H. wrote:
It's listed in the FBI's Guide to Concealable Weapons:

http://datacenter.ap.org/wdc/fbiweapons.pdf

but the one they show is the older version that isn't disguised as a wrench.
The original had just regular round holes where there are now hexes. Even
though it's on the list, I would bet you could get it past 99% of airport
security by casually saying it's a bicycle wrench.

I wouldn't count on it. My wife accidentally left my 9/16" wrench in
her backpack once, and they wouldn't let her take it on the plane;
apparently tools of that sort are prohibited too. ("Disassembly of the
airplane in flight is NOT ALLOWED!")

- Brooks