Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default What is it? XCIX

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:49:52 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

I wonder if these things would get past airport screenings?

(I wouldn't try it but my guess is that others would)

Jerry

It's listed in the FBI's Guide to Concealable Weapons:

http://datacenter.ap.org/wdc/fbiweapons.pdf

but the one they show is the older version that isn't disguised as a wrench.
The original had just regular round holes where there are now hexes. Even
though it's on the list, I would bet you could get it past 99% of airport
security by casually saying it's a bicycle wrench.

It's not sharp or pointy, nor is it a gun or explosive. Those are really
the things that fall into the category of banned items, thus one would be
hardpressed to have it rejected. Just about anything can be turned into a
weapon by someone sufficiently skilled.