Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Any tips for finding air compressor leak?

Yep - min to max. Half way - yes no - move to the next half point closer or further.
You will be there in 7 or less tests.

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

Mike Berger wrote:
I'd go for a binary chop and insert a few ball valves in the line
to isolate parts of the system. At least you'll be able to better
pinpoint what parts to check. Turn off half the system overnight
and see if it still leaks.

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Now it has become a challenge. I've GOT to find that leak! Before I
start taking parts off to eliminate them as leaks, does anybody have
any tips/tricks for finding leaks that might save me the work?