Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Lubrication Cocktails? Marvel Mystery Oil?

Awl--

Has anyone heard of/used Marvel Mystery Oil? Any opinions?
Someone I knew would mix this, I think w/ way oil, for better
"results"--whatever they were.

Marvel used to be mfr'd a stones throw from me (yonkers, NY), but was
apparently bought out by the TurtleWax peeple.
Seems sorta like Kroil, has a bit of a mint odor.

amazon has it for $16-17/gal (thru an auto parts store).

Has anyone made their own "lubricating cocktails"??
I'm thinking of making one from Marvel, Kroil, PBBlaster, WD40 (only to use
up my stores), some graphite, Mobil Vactra, mebbe some RustLick rust
inhibitor (if it's mineral-oil soluble--usually used w/ soluble oils), and
spraying every goddamm square centimeter of metal in my shop.
Opinions?

Oh, and mebbe spray the cats, iffin they don't stop ****ing on all my
stuff....
--