Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Spitzer

Default Why don't contractors / vendors care about making a sale?

"RobertM" wrote in message
On 25 Jan 2006 09:50:56 -0800,
wrote:

Why don't contractors / vendors seem to care about selling a product
or
service?
In SW Florida they simply have all the work they can handle.

Then why do they keep advertising? I just called three contractors to
have a job done. Two have ads in the local newspaper, but they didn't
return my calls. I understand there are some bad customers, but that
doesn't justify a lack of courtesy. The third one returned my call the
next day, then stopped two days later to quote the job and will be here
next week to do the job. I've seen his work, it's good and the price is
not the lowest but it's fair. This is the definition of a professional.

Bob

even that's no guarantee. my gym is doing a $1million expansion. the general
contractor they had lined up and had already done some of the prelim work
(starting to get permits, plans, etc) just backed out. his excuse was that
he just got a $5million contract elsewhere. i don't know where the lawyers
start to step in, but it's probably going to happen. do they really want to
have someone they're suing finish the job, or there might be penalties in
the contract that they'll just pay because the other job will pay better?

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts