Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Default Salvaging old drive belts

Tritronics also has an assortment of belts by type and size.

Leonard

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
sofie spake thus:

I keep seeing postings about how to make do with old, stretched, worn
belts
because replacement belts are, according to the poster, "impossible to
get"
..... not so.
Aftermarket belts are READILY available from many suppliers.
Why screw around with old, worn belts or trying to make do with
unsatisfactory, makeshift substitutions?

Why, indeed?

Do you google?

Of course. Doesn't everyone? Even clueless AOLers do it.

Do a google search for "tape deck belts" .... In less than a second you
will obtain hundreds of good hits and locations where you can purchase
NEW
proper replacement belts.
It can be a lot of work to get to the belts in some equipment, so make
the
most of your effort and install a new belt that won't fail in the near
future.

Well, of course, I did search for just that, but the links I got were less
than useful; a lot of really badly-organized web sites with tons of stuff
on them and no way to find anything. Someone else here mentioned a
specific vendor (MCM Electronics), which I'll look up. Plus, the first
thing I did was contact Philips themselves (why not at least try?); I'm
going to call their customer service line right after this.

--
The only reason corrupt Republicans rule the roost in Washington
is because the corrupt Democrats can't muster any viable opposition.