Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

Default Sony GDM-FW900 Monitor Brightness Problem

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:20:45 GMT, "Bob Kos"
wrote:

I'd like to try and find out more information as to how this feature should
be PROPERLY used. If you know of any good sources of info, please send me
in the right direction. I'll continue to Google on it.

Thanks again.

Did you try the manual? I'm pretty sure all it's supposed to do is
compensate for aging of the CRT and electronics. It allows the
monitor to maintain accurate color reproduction over its entire life.
Monitors without this feature gradually lose proper gray scale
tracking and the guns age unevenly.

Andy Cuffe