Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
R.H.

Default What is it? XCIX

Shouldn't this thread be called : " What is it? IC" instead ?

I use a web site that translates numbers into roman numerals and vise versa,
if you try to translate IC it says invalid input, so I guess for some reason
they don't use that for 99.

571: I think everyone has been looking at the wrong end. Look at the other
end, it's a flat screwdriver. and it does look used, unlike the square end
that does look untouched. My guess is, it used to have a wooden handle

that
fell apart. and the thing that look like teeth are meant to give a better
grip both rotationally and transversally between the wood and the metal.

The
handle would be made of 2 parts held together with some kind of collars.

It does look like a screwdriver, but it's definitely a tap for making screw
holes.

Rob