Richard Ferguson

Default Plasma Cutter preferences?

The low end Thermal Dynamics would fit the bill, will run on 110V 20
amp, and deliver full power on 220V, autoswitching. Easily carried
around the shop. Can be used with metal or other templates, so any
straightedge will work as a cutting guide, will work for drag cutting.
The advice I get is buy from a company that specializes in Plasma
cutters, which includes Thermal Dynamics. My next big purchase.

I understand that dry air is critical for any plasma cutter.

Richard

Robert Then wrote:

Primary usage would be to cut steel and stainless steel sheet shapes to be
welded together
Metal thickness would range from 18 gauge to 3/16"
I do not have 3 phase power but to have 110 and 220 power in the shop

Thanks in advance

Bob

"Jay Mojave" wrote in message
Hello Robert:

Ernie is right, need to know what your going to do with the plasma cutter.

I made some prototype antenna mounts for Jeeps by hand, that mounted on
the back of the Jeep Body, allowing the rear window open.

I had a few cut out with a Plasma Cutter, and they needed way too much
De-Burring after being cut from the Plasma Cutter. So I am not looking
at a stamping outfit. I think they work well on steel.

Be advised, and good luck.

Jay in the Mojave

http://www.a1antennas.com

Robert Then wrote:
Thinking of purchasing a plasma cutter. I would appreciate any

suggestions
of which manufacturer makes the better unit

Thank you

Bob