Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.models.rc.air
Enoch Root

Default Glues and Their Proper Storage

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
How do you store your various glues?

With three different glues, I seldom have success.

- Super glue
With super glue, I use it once and when I come back later to use it
again the tube has hardened.
I keep the super glue container with its secured cap in a jar with
dessicant in the refrigerator.

I think this whenever I see the "refrigeration" storage method, as it
applies to glue, coffee beans, whatever.

Most think this is all there is to it, but you have to consider that,
whenever you take that item out of the refrigerator, it is a magnet for
water in the air and will absorb it until its temperature reaches
equilibrium with the surrounding environment. Water in your superglue,
water in your beans, its all bad and it all accelerates the degradation
process possibly even more than letting it sit on the shelf. Plus if
you use as many beans as I do per cuppa joe, there just aint no sense in
it unless you're buying the 50lb. econopak direct from colombia.

So if you are going to use this method remember that and don't take it
out of its (airtight) bag until it has set for awhile at the working
temperature.

er
--
email not valid