Dave W

Default Grease on tools

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in
:

"Alaric B Snell" wrote in message

Don't wash your items with gasoline! Only fools do that.

*interest piqued* What, does it make 'em highly flammable or
something exciting like that? :-)

Nope. It works just fine. It's just that the fumes from gasoline are
extremely flammable. How many times have we heard of the fool that
had an open container of gasoline, washing parts, only to have the
vapors ignited by the water heater, or some other spark source?
Seems like about once a year you read about some poor schnook that has
done exactly that. Gasoline is a great solvent, but very deadly.
Stick with the approved solvents, and do that with care, too. (Most)
any of them will burn, but some are very easy to ignite.

And deadly meaning that Gasoline contains Benzene which is a carcinogen.
The stories I hear generally end with Leukemia.

--
Dave W