Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Charles Spitzer

Default go figger

"Steve B" wrote in message
news:kctCf.14046$JT.13348@fed1read06...

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
And if you go to get an MRI - our bodies might have metal flecks within.
Be sure to mention it - as the metal gets hot and burns.

Martin

I have had several MRIs done over the years. Last one was last week, and
was the 3 Tesla variety, the latest and strongest MRI.

As with all, I checked the boxes where they asked if I welded or worked
with metal.

They were very concerned over my heart stent, but went ahead with the MRI
when they saw that the stent did not appear on a chest x ray, meaning it
had been removed during my heart surgery, or it was not metal.

But, I figured they would do x rays of my head because of the
welding/metalworking history. They didn't.

One of the tekkies said that the magnets caused metal to spin or be pulled
out of the body. He demonstrated how powerful it was by giving me a metal
object. I held it up at arms length about ten feet from the MRI, and it
felt like I was trying to twist a very stuck door knob.

Anyway, that's my MRI story. I go on the 8th for results. It was a brain
scan, and I hope they find some functioning tissue.

Steve

my silver alloy wedding ring jumped around when i was in the mri tube last,
but the Ti plate in my neck didn't seem to move around, although they were
worried about it some when i told them i had one.