Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tiny Tim

Default Anyone recommend a SDS drill/breaker to remove floor tiles ?

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:11:01 GMT, "." [email protected] wrote:

Ian_m wrote:
Need to remove a large area of floor tiles (approx 12"x12" tiles) in
our kitchen.. They are on a reinforced concrete slab, so basically I
need to remove without too much damage to slab, clean slab and
replace.

So anyone recommend a SDS drill and/or breaker suitable for the job ?
Don't mid buying if not too much and does the job reasonably well.

A mate said hire one as you can hire something big enough for the job
and also get plenty of sharpened chisel bits.

try the cheapest option first: 4" brick bolster and a 5lb lump hammer.

you get a great forearm pump, too.

Typing as someone who has just tried both approaches to clearing tiles
and 3/4" of mortar from a kitchen wall - picture here -

http://www.easytiger.plus.com/kitchen/medium/0014.jpg

I can tell you that progress with an SDS drill is about 5X quicker
than with hammer and chisel. It took me 3 hours the hard way to clear
about a metre of wall and the same again to do the remaining 4-5m with
the SDS drill. The SDS is also much better at tidying up ragged bits
of rock too. No contest

--
To save on your shopping click here - http://www.rpoints.com/?ruid=44653
To sign up with PlusNet click here - http://tinyurl.com/b9wqs