Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default How to cool down a body to 50 degrees?

I understand that freezing is pretty painless, but maybe he isn't worried
about painless. If he's worried about quick AND painless, maybe he could
pipe in his car exhaust.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
Bob wrote:
A chest freezer. It locks, and she'll die quickly.

Yea, and after she is dead, you could put a Plexiglas lid on it for

the
showing.

Of course the dry ice would smother her quickly in the pine box,

likely
quicker than the freezer. :-)

"WM" wrote in message
I'm planning a home funeral/burial for my spouse.
I'd like some opinions on the best way to preserve the body for 3
days until buried in a homemade pine box.

I'm thinking that rather than lay her out on the dining table for
the wake, I'd just go ahead and clean her up and put her in the box
as soon as she dies. Immediately, I'd go to the grocery store and
get some packets of dry ice and put under her in the box. I don't
really have any idea how many and how long it lasts.

The idea would be to keep the body at about 50 degrees but above
freezing. I just want the flesh to keep nicely for 3 days then dust
to dust, you know.

Any suggestions?

--
Joseph Meehan