Posted to sci.electronics.repair
sck0006

Default 8640b issues

Sorry, output level (dBm) falls off. Yes, we have a manual, I just
haven't gotten too involved yet (our spec an needs adjustment first,
so it's just waiting in line).
Steve

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:20:49 -0800, "Thomas Hejl"
wrote:

sck0006 wrote in message
news
I have an 8640b with issues. As frequency is increased in each range,
it falls off to nothing or very low at the high end. Low end seems to
work ok. I aligned the two seperate detents on the range selector
switch, but still the same problem. Is this a common failure, or am I
going to have to dig deeper? Sorry this is so vague, I really haven't
had time to tear it up, but I can't keep up w/ all the customer
equipment and repair all of ours at the same time, you know how it
is..
Steve

Steve
Do you have any numbers? What falls off - the frequency or the output
levels in dbm? Do you have a repair manual? (You can download one at BAMA:
http://bama.sbc.edu/index.html ) I wish I was in your shoes, I have all the
time in world to repair test equipment - aka lack of customers.

Tom