Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley

Default Your ideas on workshops

DonD

Don't forget to put in a good alarm system, especially if you are putting
this shop some distance away from where you are living. A phone dialer
alarm, a motion sensor, and a few entry and window switches can be bought
for about $250 if you put it in yourself. After going to all this trouble to
build your "dream shop" it would be a real shame if someone cleaned it out
for you.

--
Charley

"Don D." wrote in message
JJ
I do thank you for all the info on your shop and also everyone else for
their input. I am chomping at the bit for the check to arrive so I can

spend
it. I think I will lean towards the 30 x 50 x 10.5 high. the concrete

will
kill me or the lump some back check.
I may do a foundation to put the building up and pour the floor after when
we sell our house. At least I have some place to put everything during the
move from one place to another..

My head is spinning with all the what ifs. I will do the steel building

for
the reason of welding and grinding and being 15 miles from a fire dept.

I would like to see some pic's of shops of the same size for layout. That
has been floating in my head also, what would be the best layout for space
to open the floor.