Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default go figger

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:39:58 -0600, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
And if you go to get an MRI - our bodies might have metal flecks within.
Be sure to mention it - as the metal gets hot and burns.

No, it doesn't get hot or burn. (I worked in engineering on MRI scanners
for ~12 years). It can cause image distortion localized around the
metal (very local effect for slivers, nearly invisible). If you've got
metal in your eyes, they may choose not to use MRI on you, though.

I'd be happy to discuss this in as much detail as you'd like.

Dave Hinz