Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default go figger

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:39:58 -0600, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

And if you go to get an MRI - our bodies might have metal flecks within.
Be sure to mention it - as the metal gets hot and burns.

Martin

I had to get a cat scan of my eyes before the MRI. They said the
magnet could drag any metal chips through my eyeball. Ouch. It was
interesting that my non-ferrous wedding ring moved with sound of the
thing.
ERS
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

Grant Erwin wrote:
I sometimes volunteer at a local detention facility, and they have a
metal detector. Last night I was up there and hadn't had time to change
out of my work clothes, and I triggered the metal detector even with no
metal on my person whatsover. The guy running the wand asked me if I
happened to work in a machine shop and I said yes, and he said work
jeans from a machine shop or steel fab shop can trigger a scanner no
problem.

I would have never guessed. Turned out this particular officer used to
be a machinist, and he had specific knowledge on the subject.

I'll be danged.

GWE