Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

Default Band saw blade keeps coming off

Oh great! Now your going to start ANOTHER religious war!

Seriously, the last time I bought blades for my vertical I told my supplier
to ship six of each style he had. The bill was maybe $200 but that was one
situation that totally went away. I have a welder and have also bought
partial stock spools when the suppliers are running a clearance sale,
usually at about 25 cents a foot. (the old rule of thumb: "3 teeth in the
work min.")

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:21:53 +0000, Chris wrote:

Thanks for the replies, didn't mean to start another war I'll get a
couple of blades welded up, and see what happens. How many TPI should I
get, one for cutting ali plate / blocks, the other for (say) 1/8 inch mild
steel plate? Thanks for all the answers and the laughs