PAUL

Default New use for 20 Lb propane tanks

I would not use for air compressor tank, too risky, they were not designed
for these pressures. Has anyone here seen a tank at 100PSI blow up, it could
easily kill you. Here in Canada they are collected and refurbished with the
new valve, hydro tested and put back in the market. My company sells the
plastic netting used to protect the outside of the cylinders, go figure.
"Dave" wrote in message
om...
(Dave) wrote in message

. com...
I see a lot of 20 Lb propane tanks in the trash these days. These have
the old valves and can't be refilled unless a new valve is installed.
I have 3 of them in the garage just waiting to be turned into
something. I PLAN ON FILLING THEM WITH INERT GAS BEFORE I CUT THEM
OPEN. I am looking for ideas on what I can use them for. Here is a
list of what I have so far.

Please post your ideas.

* Body for a small foundry
* Body for a small forge
* Portable air tank for filling automobile tires (with gage installed)
* Tank for a small air compressor powered by a refrigerator compressor
* Small charcoal barbecue grill for tailgating at football games

Oooh Oooh I just had an idea. Use them as giant tikki torches. Like
the kind they have on bamboo poles. Take off the valve and fill with
lamp oil insert the biggest baddest cotton wick you can find and set a
couple if them out on the patio to really brighten up your party.
Attach a small cup via a chain that is attached to the tank as a means
to extingish the flame