Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Which saw to buy Pt2

"HeyBub" wrote in message
A handy do-dad is a laser guide. It fits on the blade like a large washer
and the laser comes on via a centrifugal switch. Shines a light on the
work where the blade will cut. Got mine at Home Depot for about $25.

Actually, it scares the hell out of me.

I make a line on the part to be cut. I put it in place, bring the blade down
and line it up, making any small adjustments as needed. Now, with my left
hand firmly holding the board, I raise the saw a bit, squeeze the trigger
and make the cut.

With your laser setup, you start the blade spinning 3500 rpm to light the
laser, Now, with carbide tipped steel blade running, you start to move the
wood around with one hand to get it lined up to the mark. Nope, I like
having lots of fingers and don't wiggle them around moving saw blades. And
I'll be I can beat you on accuracy.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/