Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default Which saw to buy Pt2

CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert wrote:
This is a follow-up to all the great answers I got to asking which saw
to buy to frame and trim a small stereo closet in my basement. I am
choosing a Miter saw since it can do moldings and I might need to do
the trim in my basement bathroom as well. Plus, miter saws have all those
fancy knobs and gauges that I just can't resist

I am looking at the Black And Decker Firestorm which I can't seem to
find for sale anywhere.. It has 2 year warranty. Its $170. Either
this one
http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...ProductID=8196

or this one

http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...ProductID=2663

Or this Craftsman for $129

I got my B&D 10" miter saw at WalMart for $56.00 during Christmas. It's now
back up to $96.00. Also got a steel roll-around tool bench on which to mount
the saw (and store some parts) for $27 and the only modification was a
couple of holes used to bolt down the saw.

A handy do-dad is a laser guide. It fits on the blade like a large washer
and the laser comes on via a centrifugal switch. Shines a light on the work
where the blade will cut. Got mine at Home Depot for about $25.