Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger

Default Knobs on Chain Saw for ?

I bought an old Sears 14" electric chainsaw model 315.34160 at a garage sale
and cannot locate and online source for an instruction manual for it. I have
used it several times after installing a new chain, and it cuts great, but
cannot figure what one of the controls is. There are three knobs: One is a
silver pushbutton that seems to manually pump oil onto the chain. A knob
just next to it has to be the filler cap for the bar oil, and I have filled
it. Right next to the filler cap is a black knob mounted on a threaded
machine screw, that just moves up and down when unscrewed/screwed. What is
that for? I was guessing it might set the rate of the oil flow with each
button push, but that was just a guess. Also, how often does one need to
manually push the button, in a typical cutting session? I pushed it every
couple of minutes, and it overoiled the chain, causing sprayback. Also, any
hitnts about where to find a manual would be welcome.