Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default Asbestos testing in apartment (Bay Area, CA)

k007 wrote:
Hi:

I live in an apartment in the SF Bay area and have been told by the
management that the ceiling is known to contain asbestos but is not a
danger since airborne testing has not shown any present.

I have recently noticed some cracks in the ceiling and I am concerned
whether this poses any danger. Is the apartment management required to
do any airborne testing in these conditions ? Or do I need to report
this to some Govt. agency ?

Thanks a lot.

You're lucky. The World Trade Tower that was hit LAST came down FIRST (by
more than an hour) because it did not have its structural members coated
with asbestos. You are safer from the ravages and death from fire because of
your asbestos.

Lucky devil.