DejaVU

Default Speaking of plinking targets...

steamer scribed in
:

--I'm trying to figure out what might serve as an effective
backstop for my 20mm cannon. Strictly black powder and muzzle
out of that barrel so's I don't scare the bajeezus out of the
neighbors?

don't fire anything heavier than a pill bottle and you have no
worries (-:

but seriously....something large and light for it's size will stop
pretty quickly by itself, like a shotgun shot cup (I've found them on
the local .22 only range), even more so if it is not aerodynamic in
any way.

any kind of solid ball will take a fair bit of stopping I'd say. at
least 3/4" plate at 45 degrees to deflect it into sand. might take
more. but can you be sure of hitting it?

--
swarf, steam and wind

--
David Forsyth -:- the email address is real /"\
http://terrapin.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/welcome.html \ /