jim rozen

Default The Most Powerful Diesel Engine in the World!

In article , Dave Ficken
says...

There was a time that I was in the control room with the Chief
Engineer. All of a sudden the pitch of the Engine noise changed and
there was a *metallic* clang to it. In a flash, I looked at him, he
looked at me, and we bolted for the main engine platform. Once out the
door, we realized what we thought was impending doom was actually the
two Wipers (that's a job title) trying to mimic the rhythm of the
engine by banging on a 55 gallon drum.

This is in the book but not the film, "The Boat" where
the chief engineer stops what he's doing in the control
room and runs back to the engine room - passing the
galley on the way.

He finds the cook scrubbing pots with some sand soap,
and screams at him to not do that while the boat is
under way!

Engineers never rest easy.

Jim

please reply to: