Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

Default go figger

I think it's just the metal you're made of Grant!

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I sometimes volunteer at a local detention facility, and they have a metal
detector. Last night I was up there and hadn't had time to change out of my
work clothes, and I triggered the metal detector even with no metal on my
person whatsover. The guy running the wand asked me if I happened to work
in a machine shop and I said yes, and he said work jeans from a machine
shop or steel fab shop can trigger a scanner no problem.

I would have never guessed. Turned out this particular officer used to be
a machinist, and he had specific knowledge on the subject.

I'll be danged.

GWE