Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Wait

Default Proud of myself

"T.Alan Kraus" wrote
-Snip-

making calls and finally get the Heidenhain tech in NY. I ask him if he
can repair my sensor. He says it's too old, not supported and I might be
well served with a newer model for $ 600.00 . I ask him if he knows what
the light is on my unit, he says it's a very special lamp, I ask him " a
5v grain of wheat microlamp?" He says it's a very special lamp and no,
they don't have a replacement, and I should buy the new sensor for 600$.
I thank him and hang up. So I find a 5v grain of wheat lamp in my local
electronics supply house,

You should have bought two lamps. One to send to the techie with a note to
place it where the sun don't shine. Very special lamp. Good job.
Tom