Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

Default Another question about charging small batteries.

In message , Chris Bacon
writes
When you've a few things which use cells/batteries - childrens toys,
for instance - the cells may have a wide range of state of charge.
Some cells will be unused for ages, and flatten slowly. Some will be
in popular things, and flatten relatively quickly. The cells all get
mixed up. Some things use (say) four NiMHs at once. Some things use
1, 2, 3, or 6, or even 8.

snip

What's the best thing for charging a rag-bag of cells like these
ones? I'd *like* something that will put out a reasonable current
for charging (the new "D" ones want 7 hours at 800mA each, the new
"AA" ones 7h at 420mA from discharged), without cooking the odd cell
that gets in which already has some juice in it. I'd prefer not to
spend lots of money, else the gain from buying rechargeables wil
be less!

Something that monitors the charge state individually is the best here.

I bought an Ansmann Energy 8 , but that might not meet your price
criteria at about GBP50.

Who I got it from:

http://www.digibattery.co.uk/astro/Battery_x38_Charger_Deals1997.htm

Ansmann site: