Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Boettcher

Default Purchasing Furnace - 2-Stage Variable vs. Standard

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:23:41 +0200, "Arlyn Merriman"
wrote:

Frank Boettcher wrote:
There is a U. S. Federal tax credit in force for 2006 for buying at a
certain level of efficiency. It is a little quirky with the standards
so I could not get it because I needed a packaged unit and none met
the standards. However you should check into it, it may sway you
toward the higher efficiency unit.

was this in effect also for taxyear 2005 ? installed in '05 a package SEER
16 unit and would love to know more.

I don't think so. And sixteen might not have done it. In my case I
was willing to pay the extra for a sixteen (which would have made it
for an air conditioner) but a packaged heat pump had to have a HSPH if
9.

It does not exist.