Posted to alt.home.repair
dean

Default Running electric cable from ceiling to furnace - attach interupt switch to plenum?

Thanks all for the replies. Actually I have not run the cable yet, its
still sitting poking out through the garage to basement wall. I can run
it along the piece of wood that is above the I-beam that goes the
entire length of the basement. The othe rfurnace was done on the other
side of this and passed all its inspections.

Good idea on the mounting it on the lower part of the furnace. If I do
this would I need to put in a junction box on the joist to change it to
encased metal cable, and then run this down?

Or should I put the switch on the joist itself? The ceiling is 9 feet
tall.

Thanks!

Dean