Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Bates

Default PTK195 convergence power supply

that cap must have been for regulation, I lost the old one, but I think it
was 10uf at 63volt, someone confirm?

"Mike Bates" wrote in message
. ..
the power supply works, it keeps shutting down.

I bypassed the opto, and it stays on, the STK gets hot, and the picture

will
start to pulsate from corrected, and uncorrected state. I replaced the
diodes, checked all resistors.
The convergence heatsinks feel normal.

I pulled a cap next to the STK, had its plastic below the top, didnt know

if
it was bad or not.

left it out for awhile, put it back in, and noticed the STK stayed cold,

had
corrected convergence. the red convergence heatsinks got hotter than a
firecracker, so I powered down, and TOTALLY forgot that I left the cap

out.
Im an idiot.

wrote in message
oups.com...
They are supposed to be interchangeable, number I got is: 239123
convergence board
You can easily fix them, usually a diode, or the three legged regulator
or the STK IC. Dani,.

Mike Bates wrote:
I need the RCA part number to the updated convergence power supply.

Thanks .