Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Berger

Default Flycutter as hole saw?

What's the material? I'd use a punch press for the round and
db-9 holes, but d style punches are expensive.

Bill Schwab wrote:
Hello all,

I am getting closer to doing the job that involves clamping open boxes,
DB 9 holes, etc. There will be some round holes, and my first thought
was a boring head. That would be overkill in precision capability, but
I'd like to learn how to use one, so it seemed reasonable.

The acrylic and facing problems came along, and a flycutter is
officially in transit (3/4 shanks). Can I (ab)use that as a hole saw?
Is it safe? Should I clamp the waste to avoid catching on the bit?