Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ace

Default Mounting Precision Vise

All I can tell you is from my experience 'many' years ago when I was
constantly changing between vise jobs, rotary tables,
etc.

I machined a couple of keys to match the table slots, indicated the vise,
and thereafter it always was within .001 inch
over the six inch length of the vise jaws. The machine was in excellent
condition as was the vise. Keep in mind that
care was taken each setup to keep the keys against the same edge of the slot
and to tighten holddown bolts slowly
and evenly.

Good luck!

Other machines could possibly yield better/worse results??
"Chuck Sherwood" wrote in message
for a standard mill vise, which come with slots in the bottom in
which you can place keys to match the slots in your milling
machine table, and also have the standard

How accurate is this method? I would be concerned how accurate the
T slots are with respect to the direction of travel.