Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.crafts.metalworking
cantrelm

Default Bumper-mounted trailer hitch bracket for Jeep Wrangler TJ

Stephen, I have to agree. I made a front brushguard for my Jeep and a week
after getting it on I got rear-ended and launched 4 feet forward and up
under the back of a flat bed truck. Only thing that it did to the Jeep was
scratch off some powder-coating on brushguard. The guy that hit me had to
have a new grill and hood. Had it not been for my guard I would have had to
have all that too.
Here is a pic of guard.
http://www.cantrell.com/scrap/jack1.jpg

Tom

"Stephen Young" wrote in message
Richard J Kinch wrote:

I wonder if people buying all those macho aftermarket bumpers understand
that they've *given up* a lot of their crash protection?

My 1995 K1500 has a brushguard/grilleguard mounted on the front. Bought
the truck used & outfitted this way. Last year a silly juvenile female
pulled out in front of me from a side street - her fault & she got
ticketed. Totaled her Neon. I drove away with no radiator damage or
drivability problems because that brushguard crushed sideways. Saved me
big bucks & aggravation until I got it fixed.