Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris

Default Wallpaper over un-primed drywall

Oh, forgot one thing. About halfway thru the job we got one of those
steamers at HD, and it worked great. I think it worked better than the
DIF (my wife did most of this work so I don't remember details). I
recommend trying the steamer.

-Chris

Chris wrote:
We did this very thing. Was a pain, but results not bad. DIF worked
well for us, with the "paper tiger" thing that scored the wallpaper.
We skimmed the walls with mud afterwards. Came out smooth. We also
used the Gardz as recommended in the thread below. See here for
details and pix:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...594211198.html

Good luck.
-Chris

eagleeye1200 wrote:
Looking to strip wallpaper. Looks like the wallpaper was installed directly
over wallboard without priming. I think the wallboard is older as the paper
is kind of a brown/grey cardboard looking substance as opposed to the
"white" paper of todays wallboard.

Any suggestions on whether I can get the old wallpaper off without severely
damaging the underlying wallboard?

thanks,