Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Default Electrical testing for equipment in rented properties

wrote:
Dave wrote:

charlieB wrote:

There's an article here
http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/pdf/3-...y%20Checks.pdf

... snipped

Thanks for the link. It's certainly interesting, but the reference is
written by someone with a vested interest.
It would be good to find an authoritative interpretation of the
requirements by someone with nothing to gain from recommending regular
testing.

Dave

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg237.pdf covers the case for portable
equipment in Hotels. I imagine it's similar and a look around the site
may tell you something.

MBQ

Thanks for that, another interesting reference - it primarily discusses
physical inspections by a competent person and says there is no
requirement to keep records. An MIEE CEng isn't accepted for part P
(spit!) but I reckon it would be accepted here.
There doesn't seem to be anything on the HSE site that requires regular
electrical testing of electrical installations or items such as washing
machines, microwaves and fridges - only of truly portable electrical items.

Dave