Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Earth terminal

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:43:48 GMT, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

The earth terminal inside plastic patresses. Does the eath wire
require connecting to the sockets from this ternminal. It seems
redundant to me serving no purpose at all except just a terminal.

I'd run the earth wires from the cables direct to the sockets and put
a jumper from the socket to the back box. I wouldn't be at all
suprised to find that you *have* to fit this jumper even with a
plastic back box.

Its about as much use as a fridge to an Eskimo. ;-)

A fridge could be very useful to an Eskimo, to stop things freezing.
Might have to reverse the heat pump though. B-)

So your the cause of global warming. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite